Thursday, January 28, 2021

Log Cabin Blocks

 

Hello!

I am trying to sew every day, even if it's only for a few minutes.  I have a ton of scraps, like most quilters, and I love log cabin blocks!  So I decided to make some log cabin blocks out of my Christmas scraps.  Here is the first one I made:

It is a HUGE block!  I can't remember now, but I think I squared it off at 14-1/2"!  My goal is to make at least 2 each month.  Because each block is so huge, it won't take much to make it into a quilt!  I have another one laid out and ready to sew.  I think it will be a cute, scrappy, Christmas quilt when I am finished!

I used a tutorial by The Seasoned Homemaker, which you can find HERE.  It is very easy to follow, and I printed out her PDF picture of how to piece it.  It's as easy as a color by number!  I am having fun choosing lights and darks out of all my scraps.  Some of them are really OLD!  Like me! 🤣

Don't you just love log cabin squares???   Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment