Saturday, January 2, 2021

New Blog, New Year

 

Welcome!  It's a new year, and a new blog!  

This blog will be mainly for sharing the sewing, cooking, and baking I am trying -- both successes and failures!  While I will be keeping my other blog open, at least for now, I will also be posting my weekly menu plans here.  Eventually, I hope to transfer everything over to this blog.

For today, I just want to share what I am making in the Sewing Department.  I started making a 15 Patch Zipper Pouch using a tutorial from Charise Creates just before Christmas.  Of course, the holidays were very busy and I didn't have any sewing time to speak of.  Hopefully I am back on track!  I am participating in a sew every day project (button is on the sidebar), so I am trying to sew at least 5 minutes each day in 2021 (hopefully more than that)!  So here is where I am at on my zipper pouch:

I have used an old mini charm pack that I had in my stash.  I used a couple pieces out of it, I can't remember what they were used for, and I had the remaining package!  Actually, I have several packages like that!  I don't know what I was making, but I only used a couple pieces out of each mini charm pack.  So I decided to use them up!  Today, I will tackle the zipper part of the tutorial, which is a little different than the way I usually put a zipper in, so we shall see how I do!

That's it for now!  Hope you enjoy the new blog, and find something here you want to try!



3 comments:

  1. That's a cute little pouch in the making. Looking forward to seeing what you will make for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge over on http://thejoyfulquilter.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pretty new blog! I'm thinking of joining the Table Scrap challenge and saw your link in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Linda! Oh, please join the challenge! I have mine all laid out and ready to sew! I have 2 rows finished, and hope to finish it today. I can't wait to share it! It's so nice to find sewing buddies! Thanks for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete